Why Latvia? Service description
iVF Riga is a clinic for IVF and reproductive genetics. Headed by the famous gynecologist and reproduction specialist Dr. Violeta Fodina, it offers all kinds of infertility treatment, both standard and unique ones. The highly skilled and experienced professionals of iVF Riga clinic have helped more than 1,000 babies to be born in a number of countries around the world. The priorities of the clinic include a personal approach to patients, the use of advanced technology, following the latest trends in reproductive medicine and a holistic approach to treatment. The clinic keeps in step with the times, constantly introducing modern methods of examination and treatment. The employees of iVF Riga continually improve their professional skills by attending international conferences and workshops. iVF Riga clinic has the largest bank of genetic material and a unique reprogenetics laboratory, which is the only one of its kind in the Baltic countries.
The Centre for Reproductive Genetics of iVF Riga clinic was established and successfully launched its activities in 2014 under the guidance of dr. Violeta Fodina, the leading expert in reproductive medicine. The centre has a modern high-tech genetic laboratory, which enables both cytogenetic and molecular genetic tests. Professional advice to patients with impaired reproductive function is provided by the experienced medical geneticist dr. Liene Korņejeva. The main aim and objective of the Centre for Reproductive Genetics of iVF Riga clinic is diagnosis of infertility, increased chance of a long-awaited pregnancy and birth of a baby.
Consultations by medical geneticist: every potential parent dreams of having a healthy baby. Unfortunately, an increasing number of children are born with various congenital diseases. A medical geneticist can help minimize the risk of disease by running a variety of genetic tests.
PGS (preimplantation genetic screening) of embryos:examination of the chromosomes of the embryo prior to its implantation in the uterus. Screening is conducted to make sure that the embryo has no chromosomal abnormalities.
Molecular testing for thrombophilia: the molecular testing for thrombophilia risks and their elimination is advised to patients with a history of repeated miscarriages and spontaneous abortions, as well as with placenta-related complications.
Non-invasive determination of Rh factor: this test is needed to prevent the fetal haemolytic disease due to the incompatibility of the fetus and the mother’s Rh factor.
Karyotyping: this is a test to determine a person’s karyotype or the state of his or her chromosomes. Karyotyping is advised in case of the need to identify any changes in chromosome structure.
Molecular testing of Y-chromosome microdeletions (AZF factor): this test is indicated for patients with azoospermia or severe oligospermia. Testing allows for selecting the right strategy of treatment of male infertility.
Dr. Violeta Fodina
Gynaecologist and reproduction specialist, obstetric specialist. Continuously improving her qualifications in the leading European Reproduction Centers and at the International Conferences. Specializes in infertility treatment, in gynecological endocrinology.
"There is a way out of any situations, we will use our experience, knowledge and latest technologies to achieve positive results together."
Geneticist, Specialist in Cellular Medicine
Genetic consultations are necessary in the following cases:
• repeated miscarriages
• if the couple’s baby was born with genetic disorders
• if there were cases of genetic disorders in the family medical history
• if genetic screening results had changes during the pregnancy
• if ultrasound examination detected problems with baby’s health which may be connected with genetic disorders.
Consultation with geneticist
Please, take into consideration that every single case is unique and price could be different. Prices for all treatments and procedures you can find here. Final price could be announced after the first consultation with doctor.
Skype consultation with doctor
Additional services/trip organization (description see below)
Staying in Latvia. Additional services
Baltic Health Tourism provides additional service for our clients to make your stay in Riga comfortable and easy.
Your trip organization:
- Hotel reservation
- Visa support
- Meeting at airport
- Transfer from airport to hotel
- Transfers hotel-clinic-hotel
- Escorting to the clinic (if necessary) or meeting at the clinic.
Your free time organization:
- Excursions (walking around Riga with a guide/museums)
- Tickets/information about cultural events (theatre, Opera house, festivals, etc.)
- Information/guide for shopping and restaurants
- Information and organization short trips to Scandinavia and around Baltic States
- If necessary arranging a telephone conversation with the doctor prior the medical procedure or after it
- Arrangement of the medical procedure at the clinic in accordance with the client’s time table
- 24 hours informational support during staying in Riga.
Other important notes
- If a doctor orders additional laboratory and/or diagnostic examinations not included in the health check program during a repeated consultation, a client can make them for an extra fee, according to the price list of iVF Riga.
- If you need more detailed information, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you back within 24 hours.