Why Latvia? Service description
iVF Riga is a clinic for IVF and reproductive genetics. Headed by the famous gynecologist and reproduction specialist Dr. Violeta Fodina, it offers all kinds of infertility treatment, both standard and unique ones. The highly skilled and experienced professionals of iVF Riga clinic have helped more than 1,000 babies to be born in a number of countries around the world. The priorities of the clinic include a personal approach to patients, the use of advanced technology, following the latest trends in reproductive medicine and a holistic approach to treatment. The clinic keeps in step with the times, constantly introducing modern methods of examination and treatment. The employees of iVF Riga continually improve their professional skills by attending international conferences and workshops. iVF Riga clinic has the largest bank of genetic material and a unique reprogenetics laboratory, which is the only one of its kind in the Baltic countries.
- TESA: surgical sperm retrieval from the testis or epididymis. One of the causes of male infertility is a low concentration of sperm in the ejaculate. In this case, it is recommended to perform Testicular Sperm Aspiration (TESA). This procedure is conducted under short-acting intravenous anaesthesia.
- Spermogram: a laboratory method for testing the ejaculate aimed at assessing the man’s reproductive ability.
- Sperm function test: is used to determine sperm maturity in the ejaculate and its ability to fertilize an egg.
- Test for DNA fragmentation: is used to determine the amount of breaks in sperm DNA strands. Male fertilization ability depends on the amount of breaks.
- OxiSperm test: helps determine the nature of sperm DNA fragmentation and strategize the treatment of male infertility.
Dr. Violeta Fodina
Gynaecologist and reproduction specialist, obstetric specialist. Continuously improving her qualifications in the leading European Reproduction Centers and at the International Conferences. Specializes in infertility treatment, in gynecological endocrinology.
“There is a way out of any situations, we will use our experience, knowledge and latest technologies to achieve positive results together.”
Specialist in Andrology & Urology
Graduated from Latvian Medical Academy, Department of General Medicine with M.D. Completed his residency training at Latvian Medical Academy, Department of Urology. Board certified in Urology.
Process and realization time
All process takes 1-3 visits and could be done in 3-4 days.
- Reproduction specialist consultation
- Urologist examination
- Blood tests
- Semen analysis
- Semen donation
- Embryo transfer (attendance at will of the client)
Consultation with urologist
PICSI injection (1 time)
TESA: surgical sperm retrieval from the testis or epididymis
Please, take into consideration that every single case is unique and price could be different. Prices for all treatments and procedures you can find here. Final price could be announced after the first consultation with doctor.
Skype consultation with doctor
Additional services/trip organization (description see below)
Staying in Latvia. Additional services
Baltic Health Tourism provides additional service for our clients to make your stay in Riga comfortable and easy.
Your trip organization:
- Hotel reservation
- Visa support
- Meeting at airport
- Transfer from airport to hotel
- Transfers hotel-clinic-hotel
- Escorting to the clinic (if necessary) or meeting at the clinic.
Your free time organization:
- Excursions (walking around Riga with a guide/museums)
- Tickets/information about cultural events (theatre, Opera house, festivals, etc.)
- Information/guide for shopping and restaurants
- Information and organization short trips to Scandinavia and around Baltic States
- If necessary arranging a telephone conversation with the doctor prior the medical procedure or after it;
- Arrangement of the medical procedure at the clinic in accordance with the client’s time table;
- 24 hours informational support during staying in Riga.
Other important notes
- If a doctor orders additional laboratory and/or diagnostic examinations not included in the health check program during a repeated consultation, a client can make them for an extra fee, according to the price list of iVF Riga.
- If you need more detailed information, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you back within 24 hours.